Skip to main content

BUZZ: WELSH ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2010: THE WINNERS



The winners of the Welsh Artist of the Year Awards were announced on Sunday. Elfyn Lewis beat 400 other artists to scoop the £2000 top prize and title of Welsh Artist of the Year 2010 for his abstract acrylic painting Pwll Crochan. The other stars of the show are:
Runner up and Sculpture: Emily Jenkins, Cardiff
Drawing: Richard Monahan, Swansea
Photography: Llinos Lanini, Mold (see above)
Printmaking: Tom Piper, Cardiff
New media: Gemma Copp, Swansea
Student: Phil Lambert, Cardiff
Applied arts: Ashraf Hanna, Haverfordwest
Highly commended: Jacqueline Alkema, Cardiff
The Welsh Artist of the Year exhibition runs until 6 August at St David’s Hall Cardiff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.