Skip to main content

Literary Death Match | Cardiff Arts Institute | 10 May

Time:
Tues, May 10 · 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Location:
Cardiff Arts Institute
29 Park Place
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Created By:
Literary Death Match
More Info:
Cost: £5 preorder at www.literarydeathmatch.com); £6 on the door.

Literary Death Match is coming to the City of Arcades! We've teamed with the Cardiff Arts Institute to bring together some top Welsh literary talent, to be judged by a band of humorous geniuses, for a literary night like none other.

The four readers (performing their own work for seven minutes or less) include Cardiff-born, John Tripp Spoken Poetry Audience Prize champ Mab Jones (who represented Wales at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington, DC), author/journalist/editor Susie Wild (author of The Art of Contraception, winner of the Fiction Book of the Year in the Welsh Icons Awards), self-described poet/ranter Patrick Jones, and expat-poet David Oprava (editor of Grievous Jones Press).

They'll be judged by our all-star trio of arbiters including ITV's Nicholas Whitehead (founder of Llandegley International Airport), award-winning comedienne/actress/writer Taylor Glenn ("One to Watch", Funny Women Awards, Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2010), and prize-winning short story writer and Edinburgh fest-mastermind Huw Ellis!

Hosted by LDM creator Todd Zuniga.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165055676885048

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sea Horse: Happy New Year!

  Welcome 2023. I went to the sea and saw a sea horse.

Birthday Treat 2: London for Sierra Ferrell & Nina Hamnett

We had a wonderful trip to London to see the magical unmatchable talent that is Sierra Ferrell in Kentish Town and I also ran off for a sneak peak at Nina Hamnett's wonderful new green room at Tate Britain, getting there early (as the doors opened), I had the room and Nina all to myself. I've long had a fascination with Nina, and my poetry on her has been published in Poetry Wales  and been read at events with Celine's Soho Salon at Tenby Museum and Art Gallery.  I also featured her in a tour organised with Literature Wales in London many years ago now... and I am currently working on a longer project featuring Nina, her art and her life. The sea, the sea, the sea Is such a salty, magic place If you find yourself goin' under You'll remember the taste The waves, the waves, the waves How they're puttin' out my flame Woah, that's okay, I should be more tame

The New Elysium is Open!

It was an absolute joy to be in Swansea for the opening of the new Elysium Gallery art centre in the city centre, I'm so proud of Jon and Dan and the team who have all worked so hard on this, and over the preceding years and many, many venues...  It was lovely to see friends old and new there and nose around the open studios. Do go along and use the cafe, go to events, see the shows... I will be getting involved with some literary things there in the future too... Andre Stitt – Estateless continues at the new space on Belle Vue Way. Music continues at the old venue, now called Down by Here but still programmed by Scott, who is putting on some class acts.