Skip to main content

Has Welsh theatre found its voice?

Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru, the Welsh-language national theatre, brilliantly dramatises Wales's tussle of languages and identities – and its ambitions stretch far beyond its own borders

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/bike-blog/2011/sep/01/pedal-power-open-air-cycle-cinema

ALSO:


Edinburgh festival 2011: It's a wrap – now how was our performance?




‎"In one of those curious Fringe coincidences, my two standout shows of the festival were Welsh through and through: National Theatre Wales and Told By an Idiot's superbly acted and supremely directed Dark Philosophers, which reached Edinburgh on tour, and one of the last shows I saw, Llwyth (Tribe) co-produced by Sherman Cymru and the Welsh-language Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru – a company whose work I suspect we'll be hearing much more of under its new artistic director Arwel Gruffydd. "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2011/aug/29/edinburgh-festival-2011-our-performance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.