Skip to main content

Do Not Go Gentle

Back to Swansea we went, for my third Better Houses tour gig in the city... this time at Do Not Go Gentle festival, which had made the move from the Uplands to the city centre.

I was reading with the excellent Emily Blewitt, and it always a pleasure to share the stage with her. We were upstairs at No Sign Wine Bar. I used to work as a waitress in a cocktail bar (Indigo, which was part of the building) when I was an undergraduate (my glamorous youth).

Thanks to Pierre for booking us and all who came along to see me perform my words in a slightly more nervous than usual manner (Mother was visiting).

Les, who stored my furniture for me during one of the many moving times of my life also came along and bought a book! (I've only been inviting him to my readings for 12 years! (It was lovely to see him)).

I didn't take any photos, but it did happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.