Skip to main content

I came 2nd in the Welshpool Poetry Festival Competition!





I am pleased to have placed as the second prize winner in the Welshpool Poetry Festival Competition. You can download my poem to read. Congratulations to 1st prize winner Jeanette Burton, 3rd prize winner Julia Forster and all of the highly commended poets especially Emily Cotterill.










You can watch me read the poem from my garden here: https://www.facebook.com/pat.edwards.106/videos/10216605661115837/

Prizes: 1st - £150. 2nd - £50. 3rd - £25.
  1. ‘On the eve of my 40th birthday I watch a news report about a pet alligator’ by Jeanette Burton.
  2. ‘In this battle there won’t be many hugs’ by Susie Wild.
  3. ‘At Nineteen I got a Tattoo to Inoculate Myself’ by Julia Forster.
Poems awarded Highly Commended by Jonathan Edwards were:
  • ‘Nan’ by Jan Westwood
  • ‘It is difficult to write a poem with a dog on your kneen’ by Jeanette Burton
  • ‘This Black Country Wenchn’ by Tina Cole
  • ‘Motion, Emotionn’ by Alison Lock
  • ‘Inconstant Gardenersn’ by Kathy Miles
  • ‘Michael Sheen Keeps Parking His Car At My Officen’ by Emily Cotterill
  • ‘I remember when I walked out onto a surgical wardn𔄋 by Sarah Bryson
  • ‘John Cale Picks an Instrument for the School Orchestran’ by Benjamin Palmer
THANKS AND CONGRATULATIONS to our judge, our winners and to everyone who supported the competition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.