Skip to main content

On Being a Writer in Wales: Lloyd Markham

"I decided to set the novel in Zimbabwe. Not out of any desire to reclaim an estranged national identity or ‘authenticity’. In fact the opposite compelled me.

I wanted to write something that re-enacted my estrangement. The authentic becoming inauthentic. Familiarity collapsing into the absurd and horrific. The small, simple, fragile life of a child colliding with immense forces both political and cosmic..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.