Skip to main content


Susmita Bhattacharya: "The next story on BBC Sounds is Letters Home. I used to teach English to Speakers of Other Languages in Cardiff. A really lovely school, but sometimes, the experiences of the refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants who were students there were hard to digest. They'd gone through so much to be here, and yet ... This story is inspired by my time working in that school, no actual experiences of the students are included. Maybe some of my experiences are included - maybe!"

Image is of the published version in Parthian Books anthology Rarebit. The illustration is by John Abell Artist Edited by Susie Wildsmith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.