Skip to main content

GIG ALERT: Christina & Tracey at the Cellar Bards



We have two wonderful guest poets / writers next month at the Cellar Bards, Christina Thatcher and Tracey Rhys will be joining us, and sharing their inspirational words which will be held at The Cellar Cafe, Cardigan on Friday 11th July, doors open at 7.30 pm. Entry fee is £5 which includes a free raffle.


Christina Thatcher grew up between a farm and a ranch house in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She won a Marshall Scholarship to study in the UK and now lectures at Cardiff University. Her poetry and short stories have been widely published in literary magazines, including Ambit, Poetry Wales, The North and The Poetry Review. She has published two earlier collections, More than you were and How to Carry Fire. Christina has toured internationally, reading her work in the UK, USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Switzerland and Romania. She lives with her gardener husband, Rich, and their cat, Miso






We also have Tracey Rhys who is a freelance writer and editor from South Wales. Her poems, stories and essays have appeared in Poetry Wales, New Welsh Review, Planet, The High Window, Dreich, Ink Sweat & Tears and numerous anthologies. A winner of the Poetry Archive's Now: Wordview competition, her writing has been listed for competitions including the Cinnamon Press Pamphlet Competition, the Poetry Wales Pamphlet Competition and the Cardiff International Poetry Competition. Her pamphlet Teaching a Bird to Sing was published in 2016. Bathing on the Roof is her first collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sea Horse: Happy New Year!

  Welcome 2023. I went to the sea and saw a sea horse.

Birthday Treat 2: London for Sierra Ferrell & Nina Hamnett

We had a wonderful trip to London to see the magical unmatchable talent that is Sierra Ferrell in Kentish Town and I also ran off for a sneak peak at Nina Hamnett's wonderful new green room at Tate Britain, getting there early (as the doors opened), I had the room and Nina all to myself. I've long had a fascination with Nina, and my poetry on her has been published in Poetry Wales  and been read at events with Celine's Soho Salon at Tenby Museum and Art Gallery.  I also featured her in a tour organised with Literature Wales in London many years ago now... and I am currently working on a longer project featuring Nina, her art and her life. The sea, the sea, the sea Is such a salty, magic place If you find yourself goin' under You'll remember the taste The waves, the waves, the waves How they're puttin' out my flame Woah, that's okay, I should be more tame

The New Elysium is Open!

It was an absolute joy to be in Swansea for the opening of the new Elysium Gallery art centre in the city centre, I'm so proud of Jon and Dan and the team who have all worked so hard on this, and over the preceding years and many, many venues...  It was lovely to see friends old and new there and nose around the open studios. Do go along and use the cafe, go to events, see the shows... I will be getting involved with some literary things there in the future too... Andre Stitt – Estateless continues at the new space on Belle Vue Way. Music continues at the old venue, now called Down by Here but still programmed by Scott, who is putting on some class acts.