Skip to main content

Tôpher Mills on Christina Thatcher's Breaking a Mare


'The ebullient Christina Thatcher grew up between a farm and a ranch house in Pennsylvania. This book takes us into the heart of that world. Here we encounter a childhood filled with a stern, strong mother, hard work, young love, horses, bronco riding women and the harsh beauty of the wild. This is an extraordinary book with poems that captivate with passion, honesty and whip crack intensity.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Am Writing: Greece 2026

I have had a little solo trip away to Greece writing, reading, swimming, resting, being eaten by bugs and conversing with goats.

Audio File: The Carnivore Boyfriends

Missing my voice? Hear me read a new poem from the latest issue of Poetry Wales here ... Warning: I swear.