Skip to main content

Author's Notes: Odette Debono in The Western Mail



A lovely piece by Odette Debono in The Western Mail today on Pill and her debut memoir White Sheep which launches a week today at Newport Festival of Words! Order a copy from Parthian Books or your favourite bookshop!
'A memoir that explores the deep complexities of a life: of coming-of-age, of being from a mixed-race family, of growing up in a working class community, with such intimacy and honesty, I couldn't put it down. Debono writes about a mother-daughter relationship that is strained by addiction with such nuance and ultimately, with great love and care. This is a book about home, about belonging, and about the beauty and pain that shapes the making of us. It's a triumph.' – Taylor Edmonds
'A heartbreaking rollercoaster of hope, fear… and love... and a timely reminder of the beauty and fragility of life.' – Patrick Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be There Dreckly: Cornwall Summer 2026

 Here, there and everywhere this summer... finally got back to Cornwall for a few sunny days... 

Birthday Treat 2: London for Sierra Ferrell & Nina Hamnett

We had a wonderful trip to London to see the magical unmatchable talent that is Sierra Ferrell in Kentish Town and I also ran off for a sneak peak at Nina Hamnett's wonderful new green room at Tate Britain, getting there early (as the doors opened), I had the room and Nina all to myself. I've long had a fascination with Nina, and my poetry on her has been published in Poetry Wales  and been read at events with Celine's Soho Salon at Tenby Museum and Art Gallery.  I also featured her in a tour organised with Literature Wales in London many years ago now... and I am currently working on a longer project featuring Nina, her art and her life. The sea, the sea, the sea Is such a salty, magic place If you find yourself goin' under You'll remember the taste The waves, the waves, the waves How they're puttin' out my flame Woah, that's okay, I should be more tame

Photo Blog: Daytripping

Daytripping to Llanidloes and back…