Skip to main content

BUZZ: GREEN LIGHT FOR GREEN MAN



Whoop, whoop. I’ve sorted my set list and packed me bag. I’m off to Green Man in TWO hours and I’m excited!! Sorry I’ve been a bit rubbish on the Buzz blog front of late, I’ve got loads I should be telling you too, so I’ll do a bit of a catch up blog when I get back from the festival. Today, though, I want to talk about Green Man and ONLY Green Man.
So, it looks like it is going to be a damp one, but I have sparkly wellies so I don’t care. I shall be dancing to The Flaming Lips in the mud, just you try and stop me. Music-wise I’ll also be catching other favourites including harpy banshee Joanna Newsom, and the brilliant Beirut and Welshies Pen Pastwn (Richard James) and Race Horses. I’m also looking forward to seeing Fuck Buttons, Gold Panda, Sleepy Sun, Field Music, Tindersticks, First Aid Kit, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, DJ Yoda, Bear in Heaven, Avi Buffalo, Islet, Mumford & Sons and Erland and the Carnival.
Green Man is always great for finding new favourite acts for me. Last year it was She Keeps Bees. This year I’m following friendly advice and going to try to take a look at Erland and the Carnival, Y Niwl, Planki, Hannah Peel (because she’s been collaborating with Mike from Tunng and I LOVE Tunng) and Gabby and the Other Animals (who were, by all accounts, ace at Stanton Calling).
It isn’t just about the music. I (Susie Wild) am performing poems in the literature tent on Sunday (3pm) along with Mab Jones, Rhian Edwards and Patrick Jones. I’m also looking forward to catching In Chapters (a music and spoken word multi-artist collaboration), the legend that is John Cooper Clarke, novelists Rachel Trezise and Rob Lewis and the ace performance poet Laura Dockrill. I shall also pop into the comedy tent, taking recommendations from Mab who will be performing there too, and is just back from her Edinburgh Festival show, and the cinema tent because they usually show some great films, and it is a good place to warm up and dry off.
See you there! I’ll be in my tiger hat, probably. You can buy me beer if you like…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm on the Edge Hill Short Story Prize long-list

'Some of the biggest names in the literary world have entered their works in the prestigious Edge Hill University's Short Story Prize 2011.' 'The unique accolade, now in its fifth year, is the UK's only literary award that recognises a published collection of short stories and has attracted entries from a number of distinguished writers and newcomers all competing for the winning title.' I'd be one of those newcomers then. Yay! http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/news/2011/03/big-names-revealed-in-edge-hill-short-story-prize Literature Wales ran a story too: Three Welsh Writers longlisted for Edge Hill Short Story Prize Three Welsh Writers on Long List for Prestigious Award Welsh writers  Vanessa Gebbie ,  Susie Wild  and  Martin Bax  are on the long list for the prestigious Edge Hill University's Short Story Prize 2011. The unique accolade, now in its fifth year, is the UK's only literary award that recognises a published collection of short storie

Gig Alert: Bad Ideas\Chemicals Cosmic Relaunch

I'll be reading a few poems at Lloyd Markham's event at the Full Moon with other performers and musicians... Come along! Here's the poster: Following that I will be giving a lunchtime reading at Can Openers in Bristol on 1 December, and then hosting and reading at Brown's Poems & Pints in Laugharne on 7 December... Then I'm taking a little festive season break before returning with gigs in Carmarthen, Bristol, Cardiff, Newport and more in 2018. Susie x

Buzz Blog: The Passion | Stage Review

> REVIEWS THE PASSION | STAGE REVIEW BY  SUSIE WILD   ⋅  APRIL 27, 2011  ⋅   POST A COMMENT FILED UNDER    MICHAEL SHEEN ,  PORT TALBOT ,  THE PASSION **** Various locations, Port Talbot Fri 22 – Sun 24 April Cast includes: Michael Sheen, Matthew Aubrey, Nigel Barrett, Francine Morgan and Matthew Woodyatt. Michael Sheen became a Messiah of his home town over the Easter weekend with his leading role in a 72-hour epic retelling of The Passion, yet is was Port Talbot that was the real star of the show. For the sheer numbers in the audience (6000+), and national and international press attention  The Passion  is an ambitious event sure to go down in folklore. Two years in the planning and several months in community build up,  National Theatre Wales  joined forces with Cornwall’s  WildWorks  to create a multi-platform delivery of an age-old tale co-directed by local-boy-done-good  Michael Sheen  and the innovative  Bill Mitchell . In this version of The Passion, poet and author  Owen S